Jan. 21st, 2017 09:50 pm
Yes, I've fallen behind. Sorry.
- Maggie Roche, of The Roches ("We don't give out our ages and we don't give out our phone numbers.")
- William A. Hilliard, journalist (The Oregonian)
- Roberta Peters, soprano (slideshow)
- Wayne Barrett, investigative reporter (Village Voice)
- Eugene Cernan, last man to walk on the moon
- Dick Gautier, actor
- Antony Armstrong-Jones, aka Lord Snowdon, photographer and royal spouse
- Nat Hentoff, writer (Village Voice, et al.)
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, as of May. An appreciation by David Ettlin.
- Clare Hollingworth, broke the story of the German invasion of Poland in September, 1939
- Zhou Youguang, helped to develop Pinyin (Romanized Chinese character conversion)
- William Peter Blatty, writer (The Exorcist, et seq.)
- Bishop Eddie Long, who was mentioned here when his scandal was current. The Root has an article.